Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(07-27-2018, 03:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Watch the press conference.
Ask representatives the question(s) through any and all means available to them.
Ask someone else going to the press conference to try to ask the questions.
Of course, this operates under the assumption that the person they're asking will actually answer the questions.

I agree. However, telling one person they're not allowed to one press conference is not the same as dictating which questions are being asked. We're not talking about the White House banning all CNN reporters or giving out a list of acceptable questions that can be asked and will be answered.

Watching the press conference and relying on others to ask a question doesn’t get your question answered.

Today I waited through a 2 hour congressional field hearing and about 45 minutes of media questions before I got to ask congressman comer the question that I thought was relevant to my readers. Would I have gotten his opinion by just watching the hearing? No.... that’s why I waited and double checked with his field rep that I could get a minute or two off mic.

As far as the second graf, unfortunately it can be. Banning one reporter may be all that outlet can send. Remember, not everyone in the pit is cnn. You’ve got small media there too that can get kicked out at someone’s pleasure. And it definitely sends the message of “ask me about Cohen and I’ll make sure you can’t do your job.”

(07-27-2018, 03:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is no indication that folks were only permitted to ask questions that the admin was comfortable with. Seems the questions asked were not germane to the situation.

POTUS is trying to host the President of the EU and work out a possible trade deal. Why the hell would we want someone interrupting this by asking questions about Russia?

He’s the president. It’s part of the job. He could avoid it by addressing the issue honestly*.

* and he may be, it just gets harder to give him the benefit of the doubt when conflicting reports keep coming out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - Benton - 07-27-2018, 11:07 PM