Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(08-01-2018, 06:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I was led to believe for quite some time that the person making a claim has the burden of proof. When the proof backing their argument is false, I did not realize that one must accept the falsehood and address the argument as if the faulty evidence supporting it were true. 

I would argue that folks make up things to distract from the actual issue at hand. When you're trying to argue that there's voter fraud and we need to have a greater burden on voters to vote, one would expect evidence to back that up, like 3 to 5 million illegal votes in the 2016 elections (which I was told happened). I imagine there's a commission that could explore this and provide relevant evidence to support the need for voter ID laws. 

There are many occasions where the shopper must provide identification to include buying alcohol, tobacco, and writing a check to pay for the groceries.  So it is not a false claim to assert you must provide an ID when you shop for groceries. Hell, I shop at the Commissary on post and have to show ID to enter the store. I think Sam's club is similar.

But feel free to think you and others are actually pointing something of relevance when you focus on Trump saying ID is required to shop for groceries. I go on thinking it is pointless and petty,    
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - bfine32 - 08-01-2018, 06:39 PM