Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(08-01-2018, 09:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I've sensed a double standard since the time the CNN reporter posted about getting heckled. 

The dude in the video is just another example of somebody just saying. Hell the Press Secretory states they don't condone violence in any form, but that's not good enough for dude. 

He took the response differently than you did. Maybe you could convince me he exaggerated, blew things out of proportion, yeah you could definitively convince me of that. However, nothing he said amounts to that guy calling for the suppression of free speech. Calling the chants wrong and asking for others to do so as well is not wanting to suppress freedom of speech.

(08-01-2018, 09:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the example of me not liking folks booing the soccer player; I've said multiple times that I am not a fan of the chanting, so I guess I have a hard time seeing the double standard you are referring to.  

Well, and the reporter said in stronger terms that he is not a fan of the chanting. He called it wrong and wonders how that isn't universally shared. OK.
I was tempted to look if you called it "wrong" to boo the soccer player, and then use that quote to accuse you of wanting to suppress free speech, but then I remembered I'm too old for that pettiness. But you get my point, right. Being critical of any shouting, booing, crude language, lieing, ... , even calling these things "wrong" and condemning them in strong terms doesn't mean advocating to infringe people's constitutional rights. Is my point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - hollodero - 08-01-2018, 09:44 PM