Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri Voters Overturn Right-To-Work Measure
(08-08-2018, 05:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I know the arguments against right to work, but I'm still for it. I don't see how a third party gets to decide your conditions of employment. Now if the employer makes it a condition of your employment then I have no problem. Perhaps that can be agreed on in collective bargaining.

Uh... who is going to collectively bargain? A group of employees?

Because I think you just talked yourself into unionizing!

LOL

In my experiences, right to work is one of those times where people hear the carefully selected term coming from a political party they favor and go “yeah, I think everyone should be able to work! Damn liberals!”

Then they find out that it takes away some of the rights of workers and it doesn’t seem as good of an idea. Or they find out states with right to work typically have lower wages in those industries and it’s not as good of an idea.

Edit to add: there really isn’t a third party. There can be, if a side brings in an arbitrator. But it’s still just somebody representing the group (either group of workers or group of shareholders).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Missouri Voters Overturn Right-To-Work Measure - Benton - 08-08-2018, 06:07 PM