Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri Voters Overturn Right-To-Work Measure
(08-09-2018, 12:44 AM)Benton Wrote: The union, which isn’t a third party, it’s the fellow workers mandates it, not the employer.

A union is like a representative democracy. You vote on stuff. The stuff you vote on is what the negotiator (who you elected) talks to the boss (or most normally a representative of the boss) about.

People paint unions as all bad, but sometimes they vote as a group to take pay cuts to maintain operations. Or to deal with lesser equipment or cheaper contract labor. It’s like hostess a few years ago tried to say they were filing banlruptcy because of evil union demands. Well, prior to that the union took a pay cut to stay in business, but the company turned around and raised executive pay with the difference. So they went on strike.

The union is a third party there. I understand it consists of the other workers, but it’s still a third party. There is the employer who doesn’t mandate it, there is the employee who doesn’t want it, so there has to be a third party if you still have to pay it.

I’m not trying to bash unions with this. I just believe they have been granted an authority they should not have.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Missouri Voters Overturn Right-To-Work Measure - michaelsean - 08-09-2018, 07:09 AM