Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri Voters Overturn Right-To-Work Measure
(08-09-2018, 08:26 AM)Benton Wrote: If employees don’t want it, they can vote out of it.

I don’t see how a group comprising of the workers would be considered a third party. You’ve got workers and employers.

Because a job is an agreement between an employer and an employee.  And this probably gets too philosophical to do on a message board, but why is there a special power in the work place to not only vote me into a group, but require something of me?  That would especially be the case for a non-union shop becoming union.  An employer hires me, I work and he pays me, and then I'm told we are voting for a union, and if it passes I'm in it.  From where does that authority derive?  How do they get to vote themselves a say in the terms of my employment?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Missouri Voters Overturn Right-To-Work Measure - michaelsean - 08-09-2018, 09:13 AM