Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop
(09-08-2015, 03:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: College is very expensive, and it is hard to get a high paying job when you are a high school drop out living in a car.

So, to be hinest, it is hard to believe that you were able to get a job that paid well enough for you to raise a family and get a college education without even getting a federal student loan or any other benefits.

To give you the "short" version:

I was stupid in my youth.  Dropped out of school.  Wound up living in my car for a while.

Got two jobs.  One of those I'm still employed at.  Wound up finishing high school.  Work had a tuition reimbursement program.  I took advantage of it.  Took advantage of that and worked my way up the company ranks.  Work paid for my grad school in full on the condition that I signed a contract to stay on with the company for 5 years. 

I didn't take out one single student loan the entire time I was a student.  I worked full-time and went to school full-time.  It sucked, but not nearly as bad as going to school and graduating with no job and being saddled with debt.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop - jakefromstatefarm - 09-08-2015, 03:29 PM