Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
(09-08-2015, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So we're kinda mixing feeling and laws in this response (wishy washy). 

Applying conditions and not dealing in absolutes does not make one wishy washy. It's a convenient way for you to imply that I am making an arbitrary distinction, but I have been clear in all of my posts that the rights of citizens is what's important.

Quote:45% of the Supreme Court, including the Chief Justice,  doesn't believe a Federal Mandate of SSM is constitutional.

45% of the Supreme Court does not believe that gay marriage bans are a violation of the 14th amendment. There's no federal mandate on same sex marriage.

That aside, 45% of all voters in 2008, including the current President, didn't believe Barack Obama should be President. That doesn't mean he wasn't President once inaugurated. 

Quote:So if I'm reading you right, when asked if an elected official must follow Federal Law, your answer is "depends".

You're not.

(09-08-2015, 11:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Are they bound? Yes.

Bound means you are required to do something.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license - BmorePat87 - 09-09-2015, 12:08 AM