Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
(09-09-2015, 11:24 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: The airline might lose it, but I don't think they should.

Serving alcoholic drinks is a key part of her job.  This would be like a deli clerk at Kroger converting to Islam and then refusing to serve any pork products. 

I don't personally see how serving a drink violates any religious beliefs regardless.  Isn't serving them different than consuming them?  I'll admit I'm not very well-versed on the Muslim faith, or any faith for that matter.

Yeah, there is a lot about this case that makes it interesting. I am sure she is not the only Muslim serving as an attendant, so I would like to know more about the industry standards. The one thing that makes me lean more in favor of the Muslim woman is that there was an arrangement in place that they then revoked. I'd like to see that reasoning that made them change their mind.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license - Belsnickel - 09-10-2015, 12:11 AM