Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
(09-10-2015, 12:11 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, there is a lot about this case that makes it interesting. I am sure she is not the only Muslim serving as an attendant, so I would like to know more about the industry standards. The one thing that makes me lean more in favor of the Muslim woman is that there was an arrangement in place that they then revoked. I'd like to see that reasoning that made them change their mind.

Kinda jumping in here without reading everything so forgive me if I miss a detail.  

In these service industries i am not sure where I sit on "religious garb" accommodations.   After all your projecting a look for the company.   I have a small business and I know it's not the same here but how she dresses, conducts herself is important.     What's wrong with a company maintaining a dress code and then not allowing accommodations.    

And as for the employee... If it's that big of a deal then wouldn't you want to find a place that dressed your way?  Flight attendants can work for anyone.   She could work international flights for an Arab airline of that's what she wanted to wear... I'm sure it's standard uniform there...

We don't get assigned a job. It's a choice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license - StLucieBengal - 09-10-2015, 08:37 AM