Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
http://time.com/4029400/kim-davis-denied-me-a-marriage-license/

The actual victims speak out.

Quote:I remember dreaming of what it would be like to walk into our clerk’s office in Rowan County, Ky., and be handed the piece of paper that would legalize our love and protect our family. But when we went to our county courthouse on the morning of June 30 to apply for a marriage license, we left without one. Clerk Kim Davis denied us our fundamental right to marry.

I found it incredible that after the wait for this decision someone who was opposed to it would block my right to lawfully obtain a marriage license. We were astounded that an elected official was not performing her job, regardless of the reason.

Quote:We never wanted Davis to go to jail, and we never asked her to change her mind about same-sex marriage. We just wanted to be able to get our marriage license like every other couple in the country. We’re so grateful that we were finally able to obtain our license and get married on Sept. 4, and we hope no other loving couple has to face the humiliation of being turned away like we were.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license - BmorePat87 - 09-11-2015, 08:28 AM