Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump laughed at speaking at the UN
(09-26-2018, 01:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Question: if it's wrong for Trump to show a lack of respect to others (which it is, BTW), especially other leaders, why is it wrong for other leaders to show a lack of respect to Trump?

I mean, I get the "reap what you sow" thing, but I was also taught the "two wrongs don't make a right" thing. So while Trump may deserve ridicule, I would think foreign leaders would at least show the OFFICE the respect it deserves, even if Trump doesn't deserve it.

Was this done as a means to degrade and disrespect Trump/the office, or was it a legitimate knee-jerk response to the character he is playing?  Trump is very much a performer in his role of president, isn't he?  It all seems very emotional and bitterly whimsical in a very cynical way.  He says whatever he wants, regardless of how close it lands to reality, and some people find that...dare I say, worthy of a chuckle.

Trump to me is like Hue Jackson saying the Browns can win the Super Bowl.  I get what he is trying to do, I know why he is saying what he does, and I respect his position, but I don't blame people for laughing or scoffing at the statement. Hell, I'd even call it a sign of respect to the office of the president if you DON'T just sit there and pretend to be spellbound by the crap that a single man is spouting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump laughed at speaking at the UN - Nately120 - 09-26-2018, 02:32 PM