Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump laughed at speaking at the UN
(09-26-2018, 01:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Question: if it's wrong for Trump to show a lack of respect to others (which it is, BTW), especially other leaders, why is it wrong for other leaders to show a lack of respect to Trump?

I mean, I get the "reap what you sow" thing, but I was also taught the "two wrongs don't make a right" thing. So while Trump may deserve ridicule, I would think foreign leaders would at least show the OFFICE the respect it deserves, even if Trump doesn't deserve it.

It depends on the instance.

If you tell the leader of Mexico "You're going to build us a wall" that's a sign of disrespect. On the other hand, I don't think it's disrespectful for the leader of Mexico to respond by laughing at you.

It's similar to if you make a list of demands from contemporaries (better trade agreements, denuclearization, building walls, leaving territories, etc.), then stand up in front of those countries and their allies and make a bunch of unfounded statements on how amazing you are... you should expect some of those people you insulted to laugh. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump laughed at speaking at the UN - Benton - 09-27-2018, 12:55 PM