Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims
(09-12-2015, 09:40 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This.  Discrimination of religion is not ok, and if this is what happened, the employee should lose their job.  If the prayer in bfine's post is the one that the company refused to copy, then there is a problem.

Yeah, it's hard to see where the employee thought that violated policy.  I don't think the person should be fired, but on the other hand that's what most would say if service was refused to another protected class.

Additionally, whenever someone is going to refuse service to a customer, they should escalate it to someone who SHOULD know policy and know better.  So if a manager or supervisor had made that decision, they should either be fired or demoted.

I can understand why maybe this policy of OD exists, but if I'm in the business of making/selling copies I'm not sure I'd be reading what people want copies of since they have the right to free speech to begin with.

As a customer, I asked you to make copies, not read it and judge me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - JustWinBaby - 09-12-2015, 11:49 PM