Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding?
(10-10-2018, 09:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Self defense is one thing.

I suppose one could argue that going to war is self defense if attacked.

Still, a person has live balance the "I shall not kill" with "I must kill".  It's strange.

The guys that dropped the atomic bomb had no idea if they were killing bad guys or innocent people.

The men in Vietnam that destroyed a village killing everyone in didn't do it in self-defense.

But I bet a bunch of them had crosses around their necks.

It's a personal relationship with God; he knows what is in your heart and if your heart is filled with malice to kill then he may not be proud of his child for participating in the act; however, if your heart if full of righteousness then the Lord very well may be pleased. 

For instance in Afghanistan I saw the affects of a young girl having the nerve to try to go to school. She was mutilated and killed and her family's house was attacked. I cannot fathom the thought of a God that would not want to use me as an instrument to work to stop this behavior.

The men in suits cannot give you the keys to the kingdom, any works you do in your life cannot give you the keys to the kingdom, and pure thoughts cannot give you the keys to the kingdom. Your personal relationship with the lord and your profession of faith gives you the keys.

So the Soldier, just like the tobacco salesman,  bartender, lawyer that defends the guilty, and the gun manufacturer; is like everyone else. 

Would you kill someone that was attempting to kill your family? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding? - bfine32 - 10-10-2018, 09:57 PM