Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding?
(10-11-2018, 09:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Almost none of us act Christ like.  Not really.  I see people write, I'm more Christian than most Christians.  What that usually means is that some of their values happen to line up with some of what they think Jesus would approve of.  Mother Teresa and the people who worked with her would be Christ like.  Most of the rest of us are trying to be decent people.  Which is fine.  

I think if we try to stick to this paragraph no matter what are religious beliefs or if we have none at all, we're doing a pretty good job.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, [b]36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’[/b]

Being Christ like is hard.  I figure that's one of the main reasons religions are more about believing and less about doing.  I think of myself as Christ like in the sense that I don't boast about how eager I am to shoot someone who walks into my yard.  That's a start, isn't it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding? - Nately120 - 10-11-2018, 10:54 AM