Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding?
(10-12-2018, 02:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd imagine if you researched charitable organizations in the U.S. A number of Christian institutions would be pretty near the top.

Charitable organizations give and receive. So, I'm not sure what you're implying. That there are lots of Christian-based charities? I would agree with that... along with saying there are lots of non-religious related ones, too.

Quote:I think the reason some are against welfare is the perception of what folks spend the money on given to them. We see/saw reports all the time of folks selling their food stamps, ect..

For Christian folks, that shouldn't matter. That's between the recipient and God. Welfare abuse is irrelevant.

I volunteer when I can at a Christian-based kitchen, and a different food pantry. Neither one asks for income info. Just good folks feeding other folks who need fed because that's what God said to do. 

Quote:Personally, I willing to pay whatever taxes Congress deems necessary, but I see it as my civil duty; not my religious one.

Congress is largely supposed to be a reflection of their constituents. What they spend money on should be of interest to anyone who pays taxes. Personally, I'd rather that go to keep someone fed and sheltered and alive as opposed to paying someone's gambling losses or making a handful of lobbyists happy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding? - Benton - 10-12-2018, 02:43 PM