Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding?
(10-12-2018, 02:43 PM)Benton Wrote: Charitable organizations give and receive. So, I'm not sure what you're implying. That there are lots of Christian-based charities? I would agree with that... along with saying there are lots of non-religious related ones, too.

For Christian folks, that shouldn't matter. That's between the recipient and God. Welfare abuse is irrelevant.

I volunteer when I can at a Christian-based kitchen, and a different food pantry. Neither one asks for income info. Just good folks feeding other folks who need fed because that's what God said to do. 

Congress is largely supposed to be a reflection of their constituents. What they spend money on should be of interest to anyone who pays taxes. Personally, I'd rather that go to keep someone fed and sheltered and alive as opposed to paying someone's gambling losses or making a handful of lobbyists happy.
Guess I'll research and see how Christian organization stack up against secular organizations in charitable giving. I'll see if there is a difference and get back with you. 

Some feel they are supporting "anti-Christian" activities such as drug use or alcohol abuse. They want to ensure their charitable dollars are used for food, clothing, shelter, and necessary medical care.

A Christian-based kitchen you say.

Not sure how many are against feeding, clothing, and sheltering the needy. As I said, I freely pay my taxes, but do not consider it my Christian duty; that's a totally separate matter.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding? - bfine32 - 10-12-2018, 03:05 PM