Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th and 1... Where is the Media backlash?
(10-15-2018, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tie game.  Defensive playing well.  The reason their is no media backlash is because it was the right decision.  

Mixon had just gotten stuffed on 3rd and 1. If we go for it and fail you all would be crying about how stupid it was to go for it.

UMmmm... No.

YOU might be crying about how stupid it was.  I was screaming at my TV for him to go for it.  I even said, if we don't convert, fine,  we lose NOTHING.  Why, because our defense wasn't actually playing that well.  After the punt, the Steelers marched right down the field and kicked a FG.  Hell the ruling could have easily been for a TD on that drive and we got lucky.

If we go for it and don't convert, then THAT is when you are "trusting" your defense and can claim they are playing well.  Well enough to gamble.  I actually think we do convert that 4th and 1 though.  Either run, or my preference is let Dalton keep it.  Possibly a pass, but with the WRs dropping all day long, I would be hesitant to pass.

If we convert and move a few more yards up, we are able to come away with points, even 3 points would have been something.  However we stalled and our HC failed to attempt to light a spark by showing some guts.

I will say that I don't think Marvin is overly conservative.  There are times when he does gamble and show the guts that we all want.  This just wasn't one of those times and it is just infuriating as this is against the Steelers our most hated divisional foe.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th and 1... Where is the Media backlash? - YsCascadia - 10-15-2018, 09:47 PM