Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Televangelists - Religion gone bad?
(11-06-2018, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely not offended at the sign, but as I said I would share my thoughts with them. Now if the sign would have portrayed Trump on the Cross, standing in a robe with welcoming arms, or other images we associate with Christ, then I would be offended. What I see in the sign is Trump in a secular pose with a word of scripture beside it and a cheesy slogan. 

Glad you find that to be interesting. 

I don't see how it would be saying Trump has received the word as the majority of his public comments are un-Christlike. 

Personally, I do think it's trying to say Trump is Christ returned, which is repugnant, and no different than depicting him coming down off the cross or in robes blessing people.The images we associate with it (cross, robes, stigmata, etc) don't matter as much as the word. That particular verse is typically used to reference the fulfillment of prophecy that God would become man.

Of course, a group has stepped forward claiming the billboard is their's, and they weren't trying to equate Trump with Christ, but instead as a messenger.

Quote:Our billboard IS NOT equating Jesus with President Donald Trump. Salvation comes only from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, not any man. But God does send his messengers to us, and just as King David liberated the faithful in his day, President Trump is doing this today through his protection of the unborn, defense of our land against foreign invaders and standing up for Israel. He surrounds himself with champions for Christian Rights –Mike Pence, Neil Gorsuch, and Brett Kavanaugh. Compared to the disaster of a president we had in Obama, how is this not the “word become flesh” for Americans? As Christians we must not stand against God’s will despite the persecution we face for doing so.
https://www.kmov.com/news/make-the-gospel-great-again-large-billboard-of-trump-removed/article_538f78d0-e0a9-11e8-b68e-4735053c1e10.html

Which, if that's true, these people are morons and could have selected from dozens of verses about those come to share His word. I'd recommend Proverbs 13:17. But honestly, I don't think the Facebook group is being honest, I think someone is trying to brush off some conservative fallout right before an election after an idiot put up a controversial message equating Trump to Christ, as the verse quoted isn't really about messengers, it's about prophecy and God's authority.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Televangelists - Religion gone bad? - Benton - 11-06-2018, 01:04 PM