Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Televangelists - Religion gone bad?
(11-06-2018, 01:04 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't see how it would be saying Trump has received the word as the majority of his public comments are un-Christlike. 

Personally, I do think it's trying to say Trump is Christ returned, which is repugnant, and no different than depicting him coming down off the cross or in robes blessing people.The images we associate with it (cross, robes, stigmata, etc) don't matter as much as the word. That particular verse is typically used to reference the fulfillment of prophecy that God would become man.

Of course, a group has stepped forward claiming the billboard is their's, and they weren't trying to equate Trump with Christ, but instead as a messenger.

https://www.kmov.com/news/make-the-gospel-great-again-large-billboard-of-trump-removed/article_538f78d0-e0a9-11e8-b68e-4735053c1e10.html

Which, if that's true, these people are morons and could have selected from dozens of verses about those come to share His word. I'd recommend Proverbs 13:17. But honestly, I don't think the Facebook group is being honest, I think someone is trying to brush off some conservative fallout right before an election after an idiot put up a controversial message equating Trump to Christ, as the verse quoted isn't really about messengers, it's about prophecy and God's authority.

How Christian of you to not believe them and the message they were trying to convey. Billboards are more about the visual image than the words, we can just agree to disagree on that. Words are important on traffic signs. There is nothing in that image that leads me to believe they are trying to equate Trump to Christ.

Could they have chosen a better verse? Perhaps, but one always could. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Televangelists - Religion gone bad? - bfine32 - 11-06-2018, 01:20 PM