Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Televangelists - Religion gone bad?
(11-06-2018, 02:52 PM)Benton Wrote: 1. A corrupt tree doesn't bear good fruit.

2. Scripture is more about God's words than visuals. Taking what God said (in this instance, that He would give physical form to his word) and putting that on a picture of anyone is saying that person is fulfillment of God's word. You can disagree with that all you want... and you'll be wrong.

4. You're comparing the Bible to a traffic sign? That's disappointing.

4. Agreed. That's why the words matter.  A picture of Donald Trump no way implies he's divine. A picture of Donald Trump with a Biblical verse about God coming to Earth implies that he is.

5. Their message is clear. As is you're attempt to deflect.
1. Nor should we pass judgement on each other any longer, but we all stumble

2. Well as long as you're keeping score, I've got a good feeling that the other person will always be wrong. But I'm still going to roll with the impact of a billboard that we fly by everyday is more in the image than wording, but as I said we can agree to disagree; but you seem to want to go more with the "you're wrong route"

3. No I was comparing a billboard to a traffic sign. Your comprehension of the point is disappointing

4. Glad we agree that there is nothing visual in that billboard that is trying to equate Trump to Christ

5. There message is not clear; it is conflicting in the assertion that they are trying to equate Trump to Christ. Call it deflecting if you want, just not sure who I'm deflecting for. Is it for the folks that state their intention is not to equate Trump to Christ? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Televangelists - Religion gone bad? - bfine32 - 11-06-2018, 03:17 PM