Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-speed police chases have killed thousands of innocent bystanders
(09-17-2015, 07:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: And of the items listed which is worth causing a dangerous chase situation over?  If a warrant is THAT important put more effort and money into serving them.  Same with a past ticket.  As to DUI besides it being an arbitrary blood level number that get lowered and lowered how could scaring the driver into driving faster help?  

Again, I have never said "never chase" I asked if the policies about starting a chase are adequate compared to the risk  reward.  But since the online cops want to have an all or nothing scenario and think that anyone who questions policy is a cop hater its hard to have that conversation.

In most places in the world tire deflation devices aren't used on motorcycles for fear the drive will lose control with only having two wheels to stay upright on. Knowing this, crime in England has skyrocketed by those on motor cycles because they know police can't stop them. This has caused England to rethink their policy on stopping motorcycles, because as they have found with little ability to enforce punishment crime will rise. You must be careful about limiting police agencies ability to enforce laws because criminals find a way to adapt. No one wants people to die because of chases, but I think many here would also understand a bit more if their car got stolen, or they got robbed, and the police could do nothing but wait and see what happens.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-speed police chases have killed thousands of innocent bystanders - Au165 - 09-17-2015, 09:56 AM