Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway?
(11-28-2018, 01:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just to verify that tear gas is illegal in war but legal to use on civilians.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/11/27/tear-gas-forbidden-war-but-legal-use-civilians-and-migrants/2133144002/

Of course legal doesn't equal moral or right.

I think it is just wonderful that we have rules of war to keep the people sent to kill each other from getting (more) hurt but we just can't extend that to every citizen.  Mellow

Heck, we used to get tear gassed all the time in Army training. After awhile, you get somewhat used to it. It's pretty effective at clearing out your sinuses. I once met a female Samoan ROTC cadet who did 100 push-ups without a mask in a gas chamber (a female doing 100 push-ups is pretty impressive in and of itself).

One time in basic, we were taking a break on a long march back from the ranges. The drill sergeant thought that would be a good time to run a gas drill, so he started popping some tear gas grenades and tossing them around. One of them landed right in front of me, so I kicked it away about ten yards. That was a big 'no, no'. I got chewed out for it, saying that I could have started a forest fire (this was not a good time for me to point out that I didn't pop the grenade there and create the situation, of course). Anyway, the drill sergeant grabbed a stick, picked up the burnt-out cannister with it, made us get in formation and then made us double-time while he ran in front hoisting the cannister on the stick. That was about 15 minutes of hell as the cannister was still breathing out tear gas and we had to run right into the cloud of it.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - Bengalzona - 11-29-2018, 02:14 PM