Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-speed police chases have killed thousands of innocent bystanders
(09-18-2015, 12:32 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: So civilians are killed by pursuits at the posted speed limits?  Do the perps obey all traffic signs too? Interesting.

How silly was I to think that the point of fleeing was trying to escape from police.

I guess that's what watching too much TV will do to you. Watching a perp obeying all traffic signs and the speed limit would be boring.

Yes, civilians are killed by pursuits at both posted speeds and high speeds. No they don't obey all traffic signs, however you also would be surprised how many will stop at stop signs and slow down through intersections. Many people who run have no end game in mind, they are simply scared. Many pursuits are short and stay around the posted speed limits and either end with a tire deflation device being used or the suspect simply pulls over and gives up or runs on foot.

I review 20+ pursuits a day. What is reality and how the media, and shows like worlds craziest police chases, portray pursuits are way different. There is a reason the world's craziest police chases isn't a weekly show, there aren't a ton of "Crazy" pursuits regularly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-speed police chases have killed thousands of innocent bystanders - Au165 - 09-18-2015, 12:48 PM