Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro-Choice People: Babies Feel Excruciating Pain During Abortions
(12-27-2018, 03:59 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Ugh,
Irritating to see all of you arguing over a word. Nowhere in the OP's article does Dr Condric claim excruciating pain, only the ability to FEEL pain.

The Rightwing based website is the one trying to slip that word in to get more clicks. Like a left wing based website would do the same thing. Sensationalism.

At 8 weeks, the CNS and Nerves are there and functioning, Dr Condric is simply stating that the fetus has the ability to feel pain at 8 weeks and this is not a lie or subjective.

Here is the original study, where is shows 3d rendered models of the Embryo as it is developing inside and out.

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(17)30287-8

I'm well aware of all of this. The OP, however, made the argument based on emotion using the word. We don't know how well a fetus can sense pain, or, to be frank, how painful an abortion would be to a fetus. I get what the argument is of Dr. Condric's, I just think that using it in this way is going further than the evidence allows, and taking it as far as Brad has is definitely further than the evidence can take him.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pro-Choice People: Babies Feel Excruciating Pain During Abortions - Belsnickel - 12-27-2018, 04:09 PM