Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was this a bad year to replace Marv?
(01-08-2019, 06:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My concern (and seeing recent rumors adds to my concern) is that the Bengals aren't finding any of these outsiders particularly enticing after interviewing them and therefore decide to go with someone they are familiar with.

Would be a ghost town in PBS if they did this.

(01-08-2019, 06:25 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: I am sorry but this doesn't actually make any sense.

If we go 4-12 next season that would be the same (actually worse) as the current 28 year rut we are currently in.

I won't give up on any coach that comes here after only 1 season.  I will give 2 seasons and possibly a 3rd to cast any judgements on the HC.

If we go 4-12 two years in a row then I don't want  a 3rd year.  If we go 4-12 and then 8-8, I would be willing to give a 3rd year.  If by year 4 I don't see a playoff appearance then I will call for a new coach, unless of course the reason we don't make the playoffs is due to some crazy situation like the one that kept the 11-5 Patriots from going in 2008.

I think he meant that it might take a year for the new HC to get everything together for that Playoff run.

Atleast this is what makes sense to me and it is understandable as things don't just turn around immediately with a new HC.

(01-08-2019, 06:27 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Let's be clear, he should have been replaced at least twice over the last eight years.

Having said that, no. It had to be done, and you can't hold onto a guy who has long overstayed his welcome on the hope that the following year's crop of head coaching candidates will be better. We have no idea what the head coach market could look like next year. It could be worse than this year.

Completely agree BB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was this a bad year to replace Marv? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-08-2019, 06:47 PM