Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was this a bad year to replace Marv?
(01-11-2019, 11:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I get it, but over the past 15 years, have they really been?  They only got the facility a year ago, though, and they did get one of the most coveted FAs (You like that!! Kirk Cousins).  

Kinda. 

Vikings: 124-114-2 (.521) - 7 winning records - 6 playoff berths - 3 playoff wins
Bengals: 123-114-3 (.519) - 7 winning records - 7 playoff berths - 0 playoff wins

It's remarkable how similar they are, but they do have multiple playoff wins, and we have none. 

Ultimately, it's kinda silly to point out one team as proof training facilities don't matter, when 95% of the league has one. Of course some teams are destined to lose even with a facility. That said, we're the only team sporting a 28 year playoff win drought. Now I'm not saying that lacking a practice facility is 100% why, but I do think it's a symptom of one problem during that streak: Mike has refused to get with the times as far as scouting department, GM and facilities.

He did manage to buy out the minority owner of the Bengals for a cool $200 million (in 2011), but he can't afford a facility?

Tobin has done an admirable job considering the circumstances, but that doesn't excuse the small scouting staff. We should also have our own facility. It looks ghetto not to have one in the NFL. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was this a bad year to replace Marv? - Shake n Blake - 01-12-2019, 06:53 PM