Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS: Trump military trans ban can continue during appeals process
(01-23-2019, 12:04 AM)Benton Wrote: To the first, yes and no. Not being overweight makes sense; a mostly cosmetic change that could give you a more complete sense of self, I guess I don't understand, outside of the hormones (which are the majority non cosmetic component).

To the second, at one time people fought to let minorities in for similar barriers.

Considering the job, deinitely. But suicidal thoughts and feeling your gender isn't correct aren't the same.

Of course suicidal thoughts and feeling your gender is not the same; really nothing is the same. But they are similar: you feel you don't belong.

Not sure that failing to disclose medical information is the same as barring minorities from service

Hormones are an issue because the Military is a "competition" when it comes to promotions. For instance (not that I have any personal experience but) if a Soldier is striving for advancement and part of that advancement is how well you preform on the fitness test compared to your peers. Should you be required to disclose if you are undergoing any type of hormone treatment?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS: Trump military trans ban can continue during appeals process - bfine32 - 01-23-2019, 01:13 AM