Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks?
(01-29-2019, 10:46 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think they'll keep him just for that fact.  Hopefully he'll have a turnaround healthy off season.

It'll just suck if Boling has to swing back to LT if Glenn has issues again.

It sure would be nice if they shored up that left side and only had to focus on fixing RT/RG.

If it were my decision I'd keep Hopkins around too for Center backup or to start if Price struggles.

I agree with pretty much all of your thoughts on what they should/will do with the OL.  Personally, I think they would be wise to sign a proven vet to start at RT, as well as perhaps an aging vet to play swing to backup both spots.  Then, they could draft a pair of tackles, one high, one later, to develop.  If the high pick earns a starting spot, then great.

On the interior, I'd love to see them draft a great Guard, but we may have to push that to later in the draft.  Might be wise to sign a journeyman at that position, too.  I'm really counting on Billy Price to be fully healthy, and anxious to perform this year. (or, at least I'm hoping) and Trey Hopkins can be the fall back.  I'd like to think that Westerman is still valuable to the new coach, but it might appear as Redmond might have had his chance and failed.  Lot's of work for the new coaches to contemplate on the OL..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - SunsetBengal - 01-29-2019, 11:15 PM