Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks?
(01-28-2019, 08:03 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: We need to get out LB and O-Line fixed, if the players are available in the first few rounds then we need to get them.
It depends also on what the new HC thinks of the talent we have and who the are willing to let leave in free agency

This.  Those are absolutely our biggest priorities, and even if they score a really good LB in FA, I still think they need to draft one or possibly two.  The offensive line needs a beast at RT that can keep up the run game, but improve the pass protection.

If I had one other position I would like to see them address, it would be SS.  People will throw out his stats (like the 4 INTs), but I think Shawn Williams is a liability and if they had a better tackling, faster SS that could cover better, I think the defense would improve by leaps and bounds.  Look at how well Bates played in his rookie season.  I think drafting Williams eventual replacement would be prudent.  He isn't going to suddenly get faster.

Outside of those three spots, I completely agree that help is needed at NT.  I don't care if he is a "two down" guy with limited pass rush, but we need someone to keep our LBs free and can stuff the middle.  Very difficult for a rookie.  Draft and develop and keep pushing (or push harder?) Billings and Glasgow.  I liked what I saw out of Ringo in limited action. 

To make it an even 5, per your request, I would go for a TE that isn't necessarily a speed merchant, but a reliable, big, soft-handed target that can move the chains and is a stellar blocker.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - SHRacerX - 02-07-2019, 10:23 AM