Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Making of the Fox News White House
(03-04-2019, 12:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: I find that to be untrue.

There's nothing even closely resembling Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson or Lou Dobbs on MSNBC.

There's also not even remotely as big an attempt to spin everything in one party's favor. Not just by claiming Dems go after hamburgers or want to outlaw air traffic. But also going as far as allowing Seth Rich murder theories, deep state conspiracies or calling Mueller a SOAB and things like that. MSNBC hosts make a point of waiting for the Mueller results and not jumping to conclusions. FOX makes a point of jumping to any conclusion if it's in Trump's favor, including claiming the whole investigations into Trump are definitely fraudulent.
And aside of some exceptions like Mike Wallace (who dares to ask Trump officials difficult questions and calling them out for lies) or Shepard Smith all their hosts are Trump apostles. Trump talks caravan, we talk caravan. Trump talks emergency, we talk emergency, Trump says fake news, we say fake news. That's just how it is.

Of course I'm not saying MSNBC is unbiased. But there's no equality and I feel an urge to refute this depiction whenever it comes up. As a last point, I doubt MSNBC hosts call up democrat politicians every other night. Hannity does with Trump, they even share an effing lawyer and these folks are in general way too close.

I don't watch much TV anymore, almost nothing, and I don't watch any cable news at all.  Before I stopped watching though I didn't see much difference between Hardball and Hannity as far as the consistency of the message and partisan leanings.  Things may have gotten more extreme of late and if so I can't speak to that.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-04-2019, 12:58 PM