Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Making of the Fox News White House
(03-05-2019, 07:09 PM)Dill Wrote: Sounds like you are reading stuff that deepens your interest/knowledge in history.  By the way, there are some interesting HBO productions relating to this period (8-10th century AD): Vikings and The Last Kingdom.  The former follows the career of Ragnar Hairybreeks and then his son, Ivar the Boneless.  The historical dates and events are not fiction (the raid on Lindisfarne, the attack on Paris, the great Dane invasion) and there is an effort to make the dress and costumes authentic. The Last Kingdom obliquely follows the reign of Alfred the Great, who is still my favorite English king. But the central story is of a Briton raised by Danes who enters Afred's service. Love stories and personality conflicts bore me, but there is an effort to respect historical detail which I much appreciate. 

I certainly watch Vikings and have read The Saxon Tales from which The Last Kingdom is derived. Netflix makes it now. I watch it, but I’m not a big fan of the person they chose to play Uhtred. Just doesn’t fit the character, but I think they nailed Alfred.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - michaelsean - 03-05-2019, 07:48 PM