Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Making of the Fox News White House
(03-12-2019, 11:44 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't see a need to fix a nonexistent problem, especially if it requires us making voting harder for our poorest citizens. The fact that it can be hard to get to specific government buildings to access these ID's doesn't mean these citizens aren't worthy of the right to vote. 

I don't understand when laws are created to target Native Americans who live on reservations, invalidating their previous legal addresses. Or why the a candidate for governor of Georgia can legally dismiss tens of thousands of voters, 80% of color, in the year before the election. I question why 30 states introduced stricter voting laws prior to the 2012 election after Black voter turnout increased in 2008 or when 2 swing states that shifted R to D in 2008 (after a 10% increase in early voting) decided to cut early voting by half. 

It doesn't add up to being worried about illegal voting. It seems to be a worry about legal voting of groups of people they oppose. 
Perhaps we should wait until it becomes a problem; at no time did I state anyone wasn't worthy of voting. I simply said with this right should come a degree of responsibility; if you disagree that's your opinion.  

Well I did say purging should not be targeted, so we could address that.

So why not look to hone the process instead of suggesting it be dismissed?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - bfine32 - 03-12-2019, 12:02 PM