Poll: (Read post before voting) How big would the popular vote gap have to be for you to call for the EC's abolishment?
I want to abolish it no matter what
1 vote
1,000,000 votes
5,000,000 votes
10,000,000 votes
25,000,000 votes
I will always support the EC
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College?
(04-02-2019, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Everyone has an equal say. Your say was just the same as mine; unless someone stopped you at the poll and told you differently. 

A person in Wyoming has more say with the EC system in a presidential election than a person in Texas. This is before we even get into parties, because we're just talking about the population per EC vote distribution. If it takes fewer people to make up an EC vote in one state than another, then the state where it takes fewer people has voters that are getting more of a say in the election.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College? - Belsnickel - 04-02-2019, 09:35 PM