Poll: (Read post before voting) How big would the popular vote gap have to be for you to call for the EC's abolishment?
I want to abolish it no matter what
1 vote
1,000,000 votes
5,000,000 votes
10,000,000 votes
25,000,000 votes
I will always support the EC
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College?
The original system had state legislatures choosing educated electors to pick the President, each casting two votes with the 1st place winner being President and the 2nd place winner being VP.

State legislatures could decide how those electors were picked (either through an election or they would pick them). If a state had an election, you voted for electors who you knew supported someone you liked, not directly for the candidate.

I have to assume anyone who is a stickler to keeping the EC because it's the system the founding fathers developed want us to have the system in its purest form.

I think that as we attempt to throw out fake reasons for why the founding fathers created this system, we should at least be aware of the actual system they put on paper in the late 1780's.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College? - BmorePat87 - 04-02-2019, 11:08 PM