Poll: (Read post before voting) How big would the popular vote gap have to be for you to call for the EC's abolishment?
I want to abolish it no matter what
1 vote
1,000,000 votes
5,000,000 votes
10,000,000 votes
25,000,000 votes
I will always support the EC
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College?
(04-02-2019, 11:37 PM)Benton Wrote: So, I realize there's almost no chance a candidate from outside the big two is going to win anything substantial. That's also part of my issue with the EC.

In the last presidential election, we had two horrible candidates for POTUS. One was unfit for office, the other was so unliked it would have led to four years of division, even among the candidate's party (you can decide which was which). A third party candidate should've been viable at that point, given that the two main parties failed so spectacularly to produce a reasonable POTUS. 

But the EC virtually eliminates any chance that, given the two major parties go off the rails, a third part candidate could be considered.

Not sure I agree with that. The ability to win one state will provide a third with legitimacy. For instance the other guy I voted for besides Trump gave it a hell of a run in Utah. Popular vote: he wouldn't have made a blip. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College? - bfine32 - 04-03-2019, 12:05 AM