Poll: (Read post before voting) How big would the popular vote gap have to be for you to call for the EC's abolishment?
I want to abolish it no matter what
1 vote
1,000,000 votes
5,000,000 votes
10,000,000 votes
25,000,000 votes
I will always support the EC
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College?
(04-02-2019, 11:42 PM)Dill Wrote: PS if our virtual immigrants, Hollo and Arturo voted, then I call voter fraud and declare this poll invalid.

Ah, no need. We have other means of influencing the outcome of your elections. We all know your weakness, you're gullible to memes.

But as a foreigner, I find it odd how EC vs. popular vote is a huge issue and the fact that so many US-Americans in name only, Puerto Ricans and others don't get to vote and don't have representation at all is not. Which is fundamentally weird. - Why not fix that glaring dark spot first and then get to the finer points of modernizing democracy. Colonializm really is quite undemocratic.

Now don't get me wrong, the EC is weird too. Creating this eternal duality, yet not to be questioned.

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism."
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."

- Ah but they sure meant for the EC to remain forever. (Btw. quotes from Washington and Adams)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College? - hollodero - 04-03-2019, 02:49 AM