Poll: (Read post before voting) How big would the popular vote gap have to be for you to call for the EC's abolishment?
I want to abolish it no matter what
1 vote
1,000,000 votes
5,000,000 votes
10,000,000 votes
25,000,000 votes
I will always support the EC
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College?
(04-03-2019, 02:16 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Honest to God I wish that all the people who have such a huge problem with the way things work in this country would all just leave.

I'm sure King George said the same thing. I'll let anyone who was part of the 11th-27th amendments know that they should have left the country.

Quote:I get that things aren’t perfect but the EC is a damn good system, put in place by people who knew what they were doing.  

Our current system isn't exactly what they put in place. They designed a system where states legislatures either picked smart people or let some citizens vote for smart people to then pick the president. 

Quote:It’s sour grapes by a bunch of whiny entitled cry babies. Get over it!  If you seriously cannot understand why having a couple large states’ populations determine the outcome of a federal election is a bad thing you shouldn’t even be allowed to vote.

It would take winning every single vote in the 10 states with the highest total voters in 2016 in order to win the presidency (btw 7 of those 10 went Trump). The reality is votes from every single state would matter.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College? - BmorePat87 - 04-03-2019, 08:35 AM