Poll: (Read post before voting) How big would the popular vote gap have to be for you to call for the EC's abolishment?
I want to abolish it no matter what
1 vote
1,000,000 votes
5,000,000 votes
10,000,000 votes
25,000,000 votes
I will always support the EC
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College?
(04-03-2019, 06:57 PM)Dill Wrote: Well argued. When did states become invisible? They aren't just arbitrary boundaries around differently massed voters.  Abolishing the EC would not only shift the old problems to new places; it would actually create new ones and greatly exacerbate the current red/blue divide.

I am surprised that so many don't see a problem with the majoritarian ideal they usually oppose to the EC. Madison certainly did; hence his references in the Federalist papers to two systems of government as the first check in our system of checks and balances.

And I may be the unhappiest person here with how the election turned out (only because I hate Trump, lol), but I'm not going to change the rules so my side wins all the time.  

I appreciate the support and compliment, especially as I am beset on all sides in this thread.  Smirk

I understand the arguments against the EC and I acknowledge that it has evolved into a system not initially intended or foreseen.  I fully believe that it has morphed into a system fully inline with the intentions of the framers based on their writings and beliefs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-03-2019, 08:36 PM