Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US labels elite Iran force a foreign terrorist organization
(04-09-2019, 06:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What would we think of a US Military force that answered only to Trump? Would we call them 'Brown Shirts" or something of that sort.

The RG is a terrorist organization and it appears we have discussed labeling them as such for over a decade. The recent sentencing of an American to 10 years for insulting an Iranian Leader may have been the straw that broke the Camel's back.

I have to agree, here. I may question the wisdom of the secondary and tertiary effects of this policy decision, but essentially it seems there is a wide agreement that the group is a terrorist organization, even if they don't agree to it being labeled as such. I am curious whether they have some of the details ironed out or if they are planning on making some adjustments on the fly to allow for continued diplomacy.

I guess my main critique is that we approach Iran like this, but we treat the Saudis with kid gloves when they hold so much responsibility for terrorist activity from Islamic terrorists. But that is nothing new with Trump.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: US labels elite Iran force a foreign terrorist organization - Belsnickel - 04-09-2019, 07:59 PM