Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/3 of Amercians would refuse to hide a Jew during the Holocaust
(09-29-2015, 12:39 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Actually I thought it was one of his better threads.  Thought provoking and interesting.  One certainly can understand your position of not wanting to endanger your family, but even you said, if you could help and circumstances provided, certainly that you would indeed help.  Are you lying? I don't think you are. Our Circumstances are different.  I'm single and have a son that is almost military age, I would join what ever resistance I could.  I absolutely would not sit by and watch and hope they don't come for me.

Oh it's definitely different from the normal spit spats that goes on here.

I'm just talking about the actual results from the poll that was conducted. People weren't taking the consequences seriously. 

Don't mistake helping for hiding. That's two different situations. It was a capital offense (Death Penalty) to anyone who knowingly provides refuge to a Jew. 

For example, I could "trade" stuff to someone that is more involved and that would minimize my direct risk and allow me to help in a way that keeps my family fairly safe at the same time. 

But the statement regarding the poll was: "One-third of American adults, if alive during the Holocaust, would refuse to hide a Jew from the Nazis." 
I just find that number to be false... It should be much higher, too many are dismissing the harsh reality of the consequences in order to feel that they are a "better" person than those that say wouldn't hide a Jew.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1/3 of Amercians would refuse to hide a Jew during the Holocaust - Mike M (the other one) - 09-29-2015, 01:40 AM