Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McConnell: I'd fill a SCOTUS vacancy during 2020 election
(05-29-2019, 12:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If there is an opening in 2020 the ones that screamed the hardest about the act in 2016 will be the same ones screaming the hardest that the exact same thing should be done.

Would they be wrong?

I'd say Mitch established a principle, he should absolutely be personally held to said principle. Now I'm sure not naive, I know it never was about principle. But if you anticipatory slam Democrats for probably screaming, you demand that they stay fair and just swallow the losses that come with that. And in that instance I get those who say Dems are held to a higher standard. While conservatives have bragging rights for filling a stolen seat and people call it "winning". (I'm aware you call it "wrong", so no slam towards you, but you're a minority among conservatives)

And that's politics. Whoever plays dirtier wins, whoever does not get just as dirty loses, full stop, there is no fairness trophy. At least that's the case with a loyal voter base that does not care.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: McConnell: I'd fill a SCOTUS vacancy during 2020 election - hollodero - 05-29-2019, 03:04 PM