Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McConnell: I'd fill a SCOTUS vacancy during 2020 election
(05-30-2019, 02:21 AM)Benton Wrote: A- I honestly didn't know that.
And, B- 

On the surface it seems less of a freedom of speech issue and more of a 'two people bitching about each other' issue.

There's some interesting features on Twitter called black and ignore.  Also, an argument is still speech.  But your first point merely illustrates how illiberal much of Europe is while it looks down it's nose at the US.

(05-30-2019, 03:05 AM)hollodero Wrote: Mike already set me straight. I'm sorry for doubting your words and stand corrected. Also, I do not like that.

Yeah, I saw that after I responded.  Long day at work.  Unfortunately it's merely the tip of the iceberg for the UK.

Quote:As soon as the police gets involved and an arrest follows, I deem it a freedom issue. I guess the UK calls it "freedom of expression", which should not mean something that different.

I hoped it would be about something else entirely, like organized harassment or slander, but that does not seem to be the case.

This kind of think happens all the time in the UK.  They encourage people to report "hate incidents", i.e. incidents in which someone was hateful but not criminally so.  Honestly, and believe me when I tell you I loved the time I lived in Europe and still have friends who live there, I worry about the state of personal freedom on much of that continent.  I am thankful that the Framers had the foresight to put constitutional protections on personal freedom in this country so we don't, legally, ever suffer under such inane laws.

Messages In This Thread
RE: McConnell: I'd fill a SCOTUS vacancy during 2020 election - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-30-2019, 10:37 AM