Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
(10-01-2015, 09:38 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He's really not conning anyone. People are just hearing what they want to hear.  Like they heard snippets of him talking about abortion and forgiveness.  You are automatically excommunicate if you get an abortion, and all he said is that in this year of forgiveness a priest can lift that excommunication rather than having to go to a bishop.  

As a (recovering) Catholic I could not agree more.

SSF wants to call it "slick PR" I want to believe he really does feel loving each other and taking care of each other is the right thing to do.  either way this is what I wrote this morning on Facebook:

Quote:Folks who are upset that the Pope agreed to meet with that lady who doesn't want to issue the marriage licenses:

He's still the Pope. The head of the Catholic Church.

Just because he says to be nice to the least of us and to stop putting money over people or that we need to be good stewards of the Earth and do something about pollution and climate change doesn't mean he's going to say SSM is okie dokie or advertise for Vatican Brand condoms and IUD's.

This is an institution that took centuries to apologize for arguing science and decades to apologize for action during WWII.

He's a good man. He cares deeply about us as humans and as individuals. Part of that caring includes his belief that he needs to care for your soul too.

And THAT means you need to do as his church teaches.

You have to accept that that is part of the message (a big part) and also accept that he is talking more about the greed and selfishness that is destroying our world also.

I can't think of anyone I agree with 100% of the time.  But if someone wants to push a message of loving each other and being good people I'll take that without criticizing them for the difference we may have.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license - GMDino - 10-01-2015, 09:48 AM