Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Campaign funding struggles for AOC..
(08-22-2019, 11:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: To me it comes down to if we can agree on reducing pollution and the use of fossil fuels then we can agree that doing things to benefit the environment is good.  So it is not that far of a leap to agreeing that climate change is worth working on.

I *do* see the Earth headed toward disaster.  Rising sea levels and higher temps are just the most obvious examples.  Humans have an amazing ability to adapt to our environments and then to alter them to our will.  But we are still just animals and can only survive if we have air and water and food and shelter.  Climate change will challenge and change a lot of that.

We are seeing the shifting weather patterns already.  The question is if we can slow it, stop it or reverse it.  Or if it is too late.

Now, with all that said, a natural disaster could radically alter our planet and make all of this moot.  Gigantic volcanic eruption that cools the earth for example.  But we should be working (together) toward answers anyway.  IMHO.

But are the shifting patterns only worse because of how we are arranged now or are they worse overall.  I'm not suggesting one way or the other, but it seems a little ridiculous to just assume we are now at the ideal climate and any shift is a disaster for this planet.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Campaign funding struggles for AOC.. - michaelsean - 08-22-2019, 01:23 PM