Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incoming Harvard Freshman Deported After Visa Revoked
(08-29-2019, 09:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Another consideration should be that the school had to have some kind of vetting process.  I know, I know, it was more or less "can he afford it" but apparently he/his family can.  I'd agree with you that if he was just coming here and didn't have a job, wasn't going to school, etc then we need to really check him out (that's what is done anyway) but if his story holds up it will appear to be more targeted at where he comes from than anything he did.

I would prefer to not outsource my homeland security to Harvard's background checks. Lol... I don't think they're looking for the same kind of things, or have the same kind of resources to spot potential threats to our nation (not saying that this kid necessarily is). 

His family can't afford it, your article states he got a scholarship from AMIDEAST to study here, but that's not even my concern. Records and all that are so shitty over there, so you want to be extra sure. He is part of a people who don't have a country, but have two different governments. I highly doubt that Palestinian paperwork and record keeping is on point. Then you throw in a factor of us not knowing exactly what was said by his friends. They could be reposting US soldier decapitation videos, or they could be retweeting Trump saying covfefe, or it could be anywhere in between. It's admittedly pretty pointless to speculate one way or the other without more information.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Incoming Harvard Freshman Deported After Visa Revoked - TheLeonardLeap - 08-29-2019, 10:08 AM