Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Campaign funding struggles for AOC..
(08-30-2019, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Since you mentioned it, please share with us what your Science/History scholarly accomplishments are.  

Actually, I didn't mention any personal "science/history scholarly accomplishments," just that I was reading actual scholarship, not simply listening to talking heads. Had I such accomplishments, I'd not share them, partly to preserve my privacy and partly because I think that on an anonymous message board like this, it's just lazy to argue from authority, regardless of the subject; it's a way of claiming what one can't otherwise earn.

Scientific/scholarly accomplishments may place one in a position to make better arguments on the relevant subjects than someone with few or no such accomplishments, but we still have to judge each post/argument on its own merits, not its author's CV.  Expertise ought to be seen, not heard.

On the other hand, I am always ready to identify/discuss my sources of knowledge/information and how I have incorporated them into support for an argument.  And I am always ready to discuss what makes for "quality" in an argument.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Campaign funding struggles for AOC.. - Dill - 08-30-2019, 09:29 PM