Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(09-25-2019, 01:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I just also have to say that after reading the memo of the phone conversation, we have a this exchange (tl;dr version):

US: I'd like us to have a great, reciprocal working relationship.
Ukraine: Me too! In fact, we could really use some new Javelins.
US: Well, I'd really like you to do me a favor. Could you look into this pesky Russian meddling thing that Mueller bungled?
Ukraine: Sure thing. We'll talk with Rudy about it next time we see him.
US: Speaking of Rudy and investigations, could you look into the Bidens for me and keep Barr in on things as well?
Ukraine: Can do!

Now, obviously this is shortened and what not, but this is seriously the boiled down version of their conversation in this memo. Read it for yourself if you don't believe me: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

Read that and tell me that this exchange didn't happen in a more formal dialogue. When anyone says there is no explicit quid pro quo, point to this exchange and tell me there wasn't an implicit one in that conversation.

What do you make of the references to the "very good" prosecutor who was "shut down." That would have to be the notoriously corrupt Shokin, wouldn't it?

Also, there seems to be some confusion about ambassadors. Trump refers to an ambassador FROM the US to the Ukraine, Yovanovitch, who pushed an anti-corruption agenda and was recalled after a Fox News campaign to fire her; Zelensky seems to refer to an ambassador from the Ukraine TO the US, Ivanovich. Maybe the transcribers muddled notes here?

A side issue--I'm wondering what other countries make of this. How can they be certain a deepening scandal won't out further private conversations between Trump other heads of state? How will that affect future conversations with Trump?  Trump has already done much to evade the previously normal and expected monitoring of intercourse with other heads of state. This will surely press him to deform the process even more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Dill - 09-25-2019, 04:54 PM