Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(09-26-2019, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Without getting overly into the weeds, you can go with Trump being the reason this call was made public; I'll go with Congress. But either way I hate that it was and I hope folks are pleased with the slippery slope they decided to traverse; because I am not.

Congress demanded the documentation as it was required to be given to them according to the law. The White House decided to release it publicly instead of just giving the complaint to the appropriate individuals in Congress. This was likely done because the White House wanted to try to control the narrative surrounding the situation. By giving the information to Congress, they would investigate it and they would control the information about it. It was a political move by the White House just like having the public hearing in the House was a political move by Congress.

I, personally, just wanted the law to be followed. I'm okay with things happening behind closed doors like how this should have been handled. But it is a constant struggle to control the narrative in Washington right now thanks to the 24-hour news cycle.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 09-27-2019, 12:00 AM